Friday, September 22, 2017

september 22, 2017 // digital footprint

A digital footprint is the information about us as individual people that exists on the internet based on our online activity. A digital Citizen is those who use the internet regularly and effectively to engage in things such as society, politics, social media, etc. As much as we all love to share our lives through social media, that can put us in a dangerous situation. Anything and everything that you put on the internet is there forever for anyone to see even if it's deleted or posted on a "private account". Nothing you share on the internet is truly private, not even the texts we send. I personally had a very eye-opening experience proving that fact when I had sent text messages about needing to look for a cheap used car and all of a sudden all of my advertisements on Safari, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube were for used car businesses. I hadn't even gone onto the "internet" to look at anything to do with the cars yet my phone still knew I was on the search. I think in knowing this information about how truly exposed we are when it comes to technology we all need to be more cautious about what we type or click on our phones and computers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

posters I used Canva, Lucidpress and Postermywall to make all of these posters. I like Canva the best because it's really easy to u...